Life changes quickly which I have been very mindful of this week. Even though I anticipated changes with my knee surgery, I couldn’t anticipate everything, which has me mindful of many things. Each has its own lesson to learn. Here’s one for each day of the last week.
While being mindful this week I:
- Realize I cannot do everything the way I want to, when I want to, nor often how I want to. Lesson: Do not take for granted the little things of life that we yearn for when taken away.
- Appreciate how much I like to do things on my own and don’t like asking for help. Lesson: Let others help, understanding they want to help and often need me to tell them what I want.
- Understand that no matter what I’m going through, many others have much worse situations. Lesson: I am thankful for great health thus far and will continue to work diligently to sustain it.
- Sense my frustration rising when I can’t do things the way I want to. Lesson: Take a breath, be a palm tree and be flexible with whatever comes my way.
- Know I am not always the most patient with myself. Lesson: God’s timing is perfect, wait and be patient in Him. See Psalm 46:10
- Believe that organization is beneficial in all situations-having what I need, keeping track of what I need to do etc. Lesson: Be organized to make the most of what I can do. (For more organization tips see MemoryMinders blog this week)
- Feel loved by so many, especially God who has seen me through and shows me His love daily through others. Lesson: Appreciate those around you in thought, word and deed.
All of these things bring me to one last revelation:
I am thankful for all of the ups and downs of the last week and weeks leading up to this. I have felt (mostly) peaceful through it all, knowing God is with me. I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me and with the help of friends and family who care.
My way is not the only way and God’s way is the best way. I am thankful for all the lessons I’m learning each day. My mindfulness has led me to thankfulness this week. I can’t wait to see where else it will take me!